SynC Modular is a fast, multitimral, modular software synthesizer. It provides a graphical interface for creating a network of synthesis modules as well as a seperate panel/window for organizing controls to adjust various parameters of the synthesis modules.
- High Performance - using unique modular optimizing technology, it provides high polyphony and/or patch complexity.
- Multitimbrality - several synths can play simultaneously on different MIDI channels. Switch between synths with MIDI program changes. Further process the mixed sound with effect modules.
- Sequencer Interfacing - Built-in MIDI loopback driver makes it easy to receive MIDI from your favorite sequencing software.
- Flexibility - As deep down as constructing oscillators, envelopes and filters (and of course effects). Each instance of a basic module can be tuned to particular requirements.
- Easy To Use - Create synths by connecting modules on screen. The modules' polyphony and event/audio signal types are handled by the synth automatically. Presets store various control settings for any module or hierarchy of modules. An included HighMods pack features a number of large-scale modules to allow quick patch building.
- Tutorial and Examples - Online help includes Getting Started tutorial section guiding you through the creation of a synth patch. The enclosed examples feature simulations of the Nord Lead 2, 9-bar organ, Stings and simple synthesized drums.
- Runs standalone or as a VST2 plugin.
- Includes a built-in MIDI loopback device.
- Supports customizable skins.
- Windows 95/98/NT 4.0
- Intel Pentium or higher or compatible (Intel Pentium II, Celeron or higher is strongly recommended)
- 32 MB RAM
- 10 MB disk space
- Sound card with 16-bit playback support
- High-color (16-bit) or higher display
- MIDI interface and keyboard recommended
A BeOS version is also available from the Product Download Page.