Synthetic Audio Library Software Developers Kit (SEAL SDK) lets you write applications that are able to play digital audio waveforms and music modules on many platforms. It provides low-latency mixing, hardware acceleration and dynamic digital filtering for improved sound quality. The SDK includes the SEAL API header and library files, SEAL audio library source code files (commercial license), a set of example source code files and HTML documentation.
- Simple and powerful API interface
- 32 simultaneous digital audio channels
- Smooth pitch shifting, volume and panning controllers per channel
- Smart digital filtering for improved sound quality
- Efficient digital audio waveform mixing algorithms combined with uncompromising low-level optimizations
- Importing of wave and music file formats such as Protracker 1.1, MultiTracker 1.0, Scream Tracker 3.0 and FastTracker 2.0 modules
- Performance tuned for the i486 and Pentium processors
- Native support in DOS for hardware wavetable accelerators such as the Sound Blaster AWE32, Gravis Forte's UltraSound, and normal digital audio devices such as the Sound Blaster 1.5/2.0/Pro/16, Pro Audio Spectrum 16, Windows Sound System, Ensoniq Soundscape and Aria soundcards
- RIFF/WAVE waveform file support
- MOD/MTM/S3M/XM module file support
- DirectSound support in Windows 95/98
The SEAL SDK has a few pricing options. You must read the detailed licensing information at the Product Home Page for more details. Below is a summary of the three basic licenses.
- Freeware developers may use the SDK at no charge.
- Shareware developers must pay $60 for an unlimited royalty free license.
- Commercial software developers must pay $1500 for an unlimited royalty free license.
- DOS, Extended DOS, Windows 95/98/NT, OS/2, BeOS or Linux
- Compiler Support:
- Borland C++ 4.5 compiler for DOS and Win32s
- WATCOM C/C++ 10.0 compiler for DOS and Windows
- Microsoft Visual C++ 4.1 compiler for Windows 95
- DJGPP 2.0 port of GNU C/C++ compiler for DOS
- GNU C/C++ 2.7.0 for Linux (a.out and ELF)
- Metrowerks CodeWarrior C++ for Intel BeOS Release 3
- EMX port of GNU CC 2.7.x for OS/2 platforms
- Hardware Support:
- Sound Blaster 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, Pro I and II, 16/ASP, 32, AWE32 and PCI64
- Windows Sound System
- Ensoniq Soundscape, Soundscape Elite and AudioPCI cards
- Gravis Ultrasound, Ultrasound Daughterboard and Ultrasound MAX
- AMD InterWave-based boards
- Pro Audio Spectrum, Plus and 16
- Aria sound cards